The not-for-profit ASC Performance Academy is looking for an individual to join the team in an exciting and unique combined role of ASC Performance Academy Coach and Sales & Communications Co-ordinator.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual who would like to join the ASC Performance Academy team. The ASC Performance Academy has now been operating for 2 years, with the aim to provide high quality training for sailors to achieve success at every level. This is realised by offering and supporting transition training, class specific training and performance programmes. International event support and international training camps at our European HQ and at various locations globally is also offered.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to think creatively. They will report to the ASC Performance Academy Manager, and maintain the following duties:
- Develop & maintain relationships with new & existing customers.
- Manage and process customer bookings
- Drive sales and ensure the management of day-to-day processes
- Assist the Performance Academy Manager with co-ordinating staff and resource requirements, including liaising with external providers (Freelance Coaches).
- Work alongside the wider Sales & Communications team to create Promotional and marketing materials (social media / newsletters etc).
- Communicate regularly with ASC staff on session details and resources required.
- Identify and develop opportunities for further support from key stakeholders and potential partners and/or donors
- Deliver high quality coaching and event support as a part of the ASC Performance Academy Programmes.
This role is a full-time position of 40 hours a week, with flexible working arrangements. This will be approximately 2 days on the water and 3 days office-based work each week. This will change throughout the year to meet demands.
The role would initially be offered as a 12-month contract, with the opportunity to extend on a permanent basis.
This role can be based at any of our UK centres and Foundation head office, with optional home working considered. The candidate will be expected to deliver ASC Performance Academy programmes across the UK and overseas and therefore regular travel is a key requirement.
The salary will be dependent on experience but starts from £21,000 per annum with many additional perks, such as:
- Use of Centre kit and equipment
- Opportunity for training and development
- Friends and family discounts on courses
- Discounts with watersports clothing companies
- Company pension scheme
- Pro-rata annual leave allocation
- Fun, friendly and supportive working environment
To apply, or for more information, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you feel you meet the requirements of this role to James@andrewsimpsoncentres.org
The closing date for applications is 18th March 2022, with interviews likely to be held w/c 21st March. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date. Telephone interviews may be conducted prior to the interview dates and will be done so via Microsoft Teams or Skype with interviews to follow. These will be arranged based on availability
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us.